Sr. Financial Analyst / Transaction Manager
- Job Title: Sr. Financial Analyst / Transaction Manager
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Full/Part Time: Full
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Posted: June 2014
The JBM® Group – An Established Leader
JBM® Institutional Multifamily Advisors is one of the nation’s premier institutional multifamily housing brokerage teams. Collectively, our team has closed over $12 billion in transactions and consistently one of the top tier teams throughout the United States. We have attained a dominant position in many of the Southeast markets we serve, in some instances brokerage the sale of over 70 percent of all transactions. Additionally, we hold multiple positions on the top 10 list for sales closed in the Southeastern United States by both price-per-unit and absolute sales price. Our team of qualified multifamily specialists offers the most thorough, in-depth knowledge and on-the-ground experience in evaluation, underwriting, property operation, rent & sale comparison, and exposure in the capital markets. Continuing a strong legacy of excellence in representation. Industry-leading resources and capabilities.
JBM® Institutional Multifamily Advisors focuses exclusively on asset disposition services and capitalization of large apartment portfolios and singular assets for Domestic and Foreign Institutional, Private National and Regional clientele. We specialize in existing high-rise, mid-rise and garden style apartments as well as new construction merchant development. Our extensive relationships, $12 Billion + / 130,000 sold unit transaction history, capital markets acumen, combined with our innate ability to identify the most aggressive bidders, provides streamlined disposition services which in turn provides maximum sales proceeds, control and transparency.
This position will report directly to the CEO and Executive Director and be required to assist in new business development/sourcing asset dispositions, perform complex financial analysis and underwriting of existing large apartment investments, new apartment construction projects, land development, and fractured condominiums. In addition, this individual will be responsible for identifying leads, assist in sourcing new business, and communicating and forging ongoing and new client relationships.
Candidates should have a firm understanding of multifamily real estate dynamics, capital markets, acquisitions and dispositions. Prior experience in commercial banking, brokerage, asset management, regional management and or accounting is a plus.
Additional job responsibilities include:
- Perform complex financial analysis with minimal supervision including cash flow projections in Excel.
- Keeping up to date on changes in the market, primarily in relation to debt markets and the way organizations are underwriting and financing deals.
- Manage/Create/Edit Broker Opinion of Value (BOVs) proposals, offering memorandums, sales and new construction pipelines, and investor presentations.
- Support overall execution of transactions with tasks related to analysis, research, due diligence and documentation.
- Manage and assist client deliverables/ investor management and track due diligence items.
- Conducting formal onsite property tours.
- Acts as a liaison between buyer and seller to coordinate the processes necessary, prepares contact lists and distributes to all parties, prepares closing file documents and oversees post-closing items to insure smooth transaction.
- Assists in developing and creating opportunities to achieve broker goals.
- Maintain current client information in database.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills; ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects simultaneously within constrained time frames.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, business, and mathematics preferred- M.S. in Real Estate is a plus.
- Florida Licensed Real Estate Salesperson (Required).
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines, multiple projects simultaneously and flourish within a team environment.
- 3+ years’ experience in financial or operational analysis environment, preferably in the multifamily real estate industry.
- Willingness to take ownership of projects and execute to completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidates must have expert level MS Excel skills as well as general experience in Adobe Creative Suite design products.
- Knowledge of Central and Western Florida a plus
We offer a competitive salary with bonus and excellent benefits including medical and dental. We offer a number of paid holidays each year in addition to liberal PTO. No relocation incentives offered.